Diary Of A School Teacher

I wake up each day with great enthusiasm to go to work.  What do I do that makes my life so exciting and occupies all of my time?  I teach.  Simple as that.  I have been blessed with a job that so perfectly fits my skills, abilities, and talents.  When I went to college, I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I didn’t have a specific expertise.  I wasn’t good at Science or Math.  Business and Marketing was definitely not for me.  Without knowing what I wanted to do, Heavenly Father so tenderly guided me to the teaching field and even more specifically, the field of Early Childhood Education.  I did not know what a perfect match that was for me, until I started teaching last year.  I was amazed at how naturally I adapted to all areas of my career and even more so this year.  Now that I have a year behind me, a whole new world of knowledge is flooding upon me.  I can’t believe how much I am learning about child development, learning styles, behaviors, management, and LOVE.  This is all a part of our Heavenly Father’s plan.  I have been blessed with gifts in order to bless the lives of others.  I know that He has an overwhelming love for this young rising generation and that I have been placed here to guide them through this short period of their lives.  I teach 2nd Grade this year, children who are turning 8… WHAT A BLESSING.  It is such an important year of their lives and I get to be here to witness the transition and guide them to make good choices.

I truly love my career and I wish that others could understand my passion to teach.  Although I enjoy the role of teaching children life skills such as friendship, making good choices, and believing in themselves; I also enjoy their humor.  They say things that I can’t stop laughing about, even after I get home.  They tell the funniest stories, and ask the silliest questions.  I’ve been told the story of the 8-pound eyeball, the 3 little wolves and the big bad pig, and about a hundred ‘why the chicken crossed the road’ jokes.  I’ve been laughed at for wearing nerdy socks and been told to “get a backbone, Teacher!”  All the while, I feel like I am one of them.  I am there laughing at their jokes, enjoying their comments about my silly socks, and trying to prove that I am a good jumproper at recess.  I just can’t stand it… I LOVE MY JOB!

Here is how I know that I was meant to be a teacher.  Every other sentence out of my mouth is “I’m looking for a quiet sitter to…”  I am obsessed with the office supplies aisle at the store.  I find myself snapping my fingers and counting down a little too often.  I have nightmares about things going wrong at school.  I have accidently been called ‘mom’ too many times to count.  I spend quite a bit of my paycheck just to buy school supplies.  I get a secret thrill out of laminating things.  And I accidently tell my husband when he does something that I don’t like, “I don’t like it when you _____ it makes me feel _____.”

 #stillneedtogrowup

Comments

  1. So cute! My favorite little teacher! I love you Sara Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you as much as I love you. And that's a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a note

Popular posts from this blog

I Need Somebody to Listen

Growing Up

Highlights & Lowlights