Basketball
Have I ever mentioned how much I love to play basketball? My parents got passes to the Rec Center years ago, and that's where I spent every afternoon that I could. I couldn't wait to play pick-up basketball games with anyone that was there. Jackie Chan (aka. 'coolest friend ever') and I would spend countless hours there in the Summer shooting hoops and hanging out. I have fond memories of those days. I love playing basketball against guys, because the competition has really helped me improve on my skills over the years. Basketball is by far the easiest way for me to workout. Yes, I still do enjoy running. But running takes a lot more concentration, motivation and effort. Basketball is a fun way to exercise and I don't even feel like I'm there to workout.
Lately the only opportunity that I have had to play basketball is when my husband's buddies get together. They try to get together once a week and play... and of course I HAVE to tag along. I wouldn't let him go without me. Sometimes there are a few guys there and we play something close to jungle ball, and other times we scrimmage full-court. Two weeks ago was one of those times. When we play full-court, I am really in my element. There is something so rejuvenating about that game. We played for two hours and even though my back hurt and I was really tired, I wouldn't give in. Josh told me I should really sit out, but I just wanted to keep playing. (My body really paid for it later.)
I am really grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunities that we are given in this life. Yes, we are here to learn, grow, and make it back to Him. But we also get to have fun in this life (with limits of course) and enjoy our time here.
Lately the only opportunity that I have had to play basketball is when my husband's buddies get together. They try to get together once a week and play... and of course I HAVE to tag along. I wouldn't let him go without me. Sometimes there are a few guys there and we play something close to jungle ball, and other times we scrimmage full-court. Two weeks ago was one of those times. When we play full-court, I am really in my element. There is something so rejuvenating about that game. We played for two hours and even though my back hurt and I was really tired, I wouldn't give in. Josh told me I should really sit out, but I just wanted to keep playing. (My body really paid for it later.)
I am really grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunities that we are given in this life. Yes, we are here to learn, grow, and make it back to Him. But we also get to have fun in this life (with limits of course) and enjoy our time here.
Two girls and all those guys! You are amazing and I love your spunk!
ReplyDeleteI love you girl! You are amazing!
ReplyDelete