Courage is the ability to do something that you know is difficult with the mental or moral strength to persevere. Following along our earthly paths takes courage. Following and accepting God's Will takes courage. Having the strength to move on during difficult times takes courage. I love what Dallin H. Oaks taught a few years back, "The Savior teaches that we will have tribulation in the world, but we should "be of good cheer" because He has "overcome the world". His Atonement reaches and is powerful enough not only to pay the price for sin
but also to heal every mortal affliction." It takes courage to have faith and hope in this promising doctrine. I wouldn't say that these last few months have been easy, but I have faith that my Loving Father has a beautiful plan prepared for me. How sweet the blessings must be that await our family. I have the courage to follow and accept His Plan.
Life Lately...
I have gone back to teaching. I prayed about my decision to quit in June and it felt right. After the baby was born I decided to go back and prayed to know that this new decision was right. I know that my prayers were answered and were catered to my needs in different ways at different times. It definitely has not been easy
going back to teaching. I feel like it's hard to even get out of bed and ready for the day as a new mom, let alone out the door. But I have seen SO MANY tender mercies in my life on a daily basis. It has been a blessing to only teach Half-day Kindergarten...I'm not sure that I could leave my baby for any longer. It has been a blessing to have my mom willing and available to watch Adriaan. I have been blessed to teach in a way that I have not been able to before. My mind has been enlightened and words have been placed in my mouth. Having an educational background and a job to fall back on have been a blessing.
 |
| Helping Mommy at work. |
On September 10th, my wonderful Grandpa passed away. What a trying time for our family. He was young and seemingly healthy. I have always loved how special my Grandpa made me feel. I was SURE that I was his favorite. He was always so endearing and seemed to be in awe by all that I did. The funny thing is that after he passed away I started listening to my cousins talk about their relationship with him and I came to learn that he treated each granddaughter the same. A kiss on the forehead, an encouraging phrase and of course the way that his eyes lit up when he saw us. Silly me. I never realized that he made each and every one of us feel special. That's just the way he lived. And that's the way that he loved. What a blessing to have an angel watching over us from above.
 |
| Families Can Be Together Forever |
On September 22nd we had the opportunity to bless Adriaan. It was a sweet blessing and I am grateful for the promising words that Josh was inspired to say during the blessing.
Josh and I had the opportunity to get away for Fall Break...with the baby of course! It was great to get out of the house and have a change of scenery. We got to see Cedar Breaks National Monument (fortunately it was open...silly Congress). It was cold and beautiful!

Our little pumpkin is getting so big! He can slightly lift his head up while he is laying on his back. It won't be long until he is doing sit-ups! He can turn the pages when I read him a book (he taps at it for a minute until it flops over). If his pacifier is on a surface in front of him he reaches and tries to pick it up with some success. Adriaan loves to listen to us sing and read books. When I come to get him out of his crib, his body is always turned all the way around (his head is where his feet were.) He likes to suck on his fist and he LOVES to drool! He is a happy little boy and we couldn't be more grateful to have him in our lives!
 |
| "You're going to dress me up all cute...and then eat my candy?!!" |
I am so grateful for this Gospel and the blessings that are available if we Come Unto Him.
I can't see the last picture. What was it? Love your post and you!
ReplyDelete