Where Your Heart Is
I really don't like growing up. Adults have to do a lot of things that are intimidating to me. If you know me, then you are aware that I am resistant to change. The uncertainties that tag along with new changes can be scary. Josh and I just bought a house and we are moving this Saturday. Surprisingly enough, I'm okay with this big change. It feels right. (But I did tell Josh that I plan to live there for THE REST OF MY LIFE!) We are super excited to be home owners and a little nervous about the responsibilities that come along with it.
We have boxed most of our things up, getting ready for the big day. I insisted that Adriaan's board books will be the last thing to go. We use them EVERY DAY. Josh and I found a mutual love for children's books while we were dating, and we have been collecting them ever since. Adriaan loves to sit on my lap and listen to the same books over and over again. One day, he spent 45 minutes on my lap as we read. (Reading at home is the only time that he will stay still in one place. Adriaan acts totally different in public. Having a 16 month old sit through quiet meetings for 3 hours of church??? Yeah right.) If you are looking for some books for your little one, here are my suggestions. We have about 140 board books and these are the same books that Adriaan pulls out every time. He absolutely loves these books, and I do too...for the most part. (There are one or two that make me cringe, but I can't resist his love for books.)
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a note