Joy in the Simple Things

My kids have reminded me to find joy in the simple things. And that has truly been a gift this season.

Adriaan and Samuel's relationship has already gone through several phases. Adriaan is slowly moving from being rough/tough to actually enjoying Samuel's company.
All Adriaan wanted for Christmas was a candy cane. Santa delivered! When he woke up on Christmas morning, the tree was decorated with candy canes.
 We spent some time 
learning about the baby Jesus.
Adriaan still cuddles with me 
every once in a while.
Before the snowstorms, 
we played in the leaves for days.
I took the boys to the aquarium on a free day. We had to wait outside in the freezing cold for 45 minutes. We didn't have coats (mother of the year right here!), but the boys didn't cry or complain. Adriaan was happy to have my scarf wrapped around him though.
Josh matches the boys 
without trying.
Samuel is calm and patient. 
Could I ask for anything more?
 I love my boys and I am so grateful for their sweet spirits and the joy that they bring to our family.


Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a note

Popular posts from this blog

I Need Somebody to Listen

Growing Up

This Is His Journey