The Believers
After hurdling some obstacles with my first grade class, we are finally starting to settle into a fabulous routine. I already feel like this school year is going by too fast, and I want it to last longer. I am absolutely enjoying these children and the joy that they add to my life. I think Josh is jealous of the time and energy that I put into thinking about these kiddos. Last week, I decided that it was time for our class to come up with a team name. I wrote down every idea that they had on the board, so that we could vote. It ranged from the kitty cats, to the readers, to The Bears, and everything in between. The boys liked the idea of having a sports team name. We narrowed the choices down, and voted a few times...our class is now named THE BELIEVERS. The student who gave this idea said, "I think that we should be The Believers, because you are always teaching us to believe in ourselves." Wow! What a statement and what a TENDER MERCY! If these kiddos could take ONE thing away from this school year, what a blessing it would be that they could understand their potential, and believe in themselves.
Sarah I think that is so awesome. There is nothing better than kids knowing that they can be amazing and believe that they are worth every struggle they go through. You go girl. What an awesome teacher those kids have.
ReplyDeleteYou are indeed a blessing in the lives of these children at this time in their lives. As you know, belief in ones self is one of the greatest blessings to give and receive! I watch the way the children look at you and you are indeed their teacher, their example, the believer in them. That they can succeed in anything they do! That you believe in them!
ReplyDelete