Day In And Day Out
I told Josh that I did not want any gifts for my birthday this year. So he decided that if he gave me gifts beforehand, it would not count as 'my birthday' and he could get away with it. Josh started celebrating my birthday a few weeks ago with 'un-birthday' gifts. He is AMAZING. Even though I couldn't possibly think of anything that I wanted, he surprised me with things that I have used every day since then.
As I got to thinking about gifts, I realized that I have given myself one of the best birthday gifts of all. I have given myself the gift of a healthy lifestyle. It is of greater value than what money can buy. I have been blessed with good health by a loving Father and I have maintained that good health through the way that I live. A healthy lifestyle is not something that you can purchase at the grocery store. It is more like a well that you fill up...one droplet at a time. I add to my well each time that I eat healthy foods, sleep and exercise. It builds up slowly over long periods of time, but it is a valuable reserve. To be able to rely on this reserve in times of need is TOTALLY WORTH each small effort. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for a body. What a privilege it is to come to this earth and receive a body. A body that heals itself, weakens and strengthens, grows and changes. I am not perfect. Some days I wish that I could reverse my bad eating habits in a flash. Habits take time to change. I do what I can day in and day out, one day at a time. My body can do amazing things through the blessing of health and because I do the small, but important things each day.
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a note