A Little Bit Of This And That

I can't believe that it's almost been a month since Adriaan joined our family.  I have enjoyed this sweet boy and I love watching him grow.  He's a little man and he has his dads looks but he displays my mannerisms.  I love snuggling with Adriaan and his random smiles melt my heart.  On the 24th Adriaan got to see his first fireworks.  We walked over to Liberty Park and enjoyed the show together.  Josh had to wake him up so that he could be a part of the event otherwise he would have slept right through the fireworks.

My family had a campout this month and we showed up for a few hours each day.  I like to think that Adriaan enjoys the great outdoors and I hope that we can spend more active family time outside.  We went on a hike with my family to see Lake Catherine.  It was a great hike and I enjoyed the scenery.  I definitely felt out of shape and I can't wait to start exercising again.  Josh wore the Baby Bjorn to carry Adriaan and the little guy slept during most of the hike....until the top of the mountain when we had to change his diaper/outfit after he started leaking on Josh.  Lets just say that he wasn't a happy camper the rest of the way down.

We also got to visit my Grandma/pa Hadlock.  Grandma fell in love with him at first sight.  She wanted him in her arms and she kept rubbing his feet and body.  It was fun to see her interact with him.  Her smiles were priceless.

I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending this sweet spirit into our lives.  My heart is full and I acknowledge what a great blessing it is to have him here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need Somebody to Listen

Growing Up

Highlights & Lowlights