Fresh Outta The Oven
Our sweet Adriaan arrived last Tuesday the 2nd of July. Today was his due date and I am so grateful that he came early. So here's the short version... I woke up that morning around 3am for a potty break. When I went back to bed I had a feeling that I should sleep on a towel. I knew it seemed pretty silly but I did it anyways. At 5:15am I opened my eyes and about 30 seconds later my water broke. The towel was just one of the many tender mercies that I experienced that day. Before we left for the hospital I had Josh give me a Priesthood blessing. It was a tender moment and the blessing was much needed. I am SO grateful for my sweetheart and for his goodness. We officially checked in at Salt Lake Regional at 7:45am. Josh was a great supporter the entire time. I was grateful to get an epidural and then I was able to rest for a little while. The nurse came in and had me push for a while to get a hang of it. After getting a hang of pushing for a bit the doctor arrived. I pushed through two contractions and then my doctor said, "this baby is coming on the next contraction." Sure enough Adriaan made his entrance into this world at 11:01am during the third contraction.
I could make a huge list of tender mercies and blessings that I have experienced during this past week. Heavenly Father is so good to me and my family. I am grateful to have this healthy boy in my life. I feel great and recovery has been amazing. I found out yesterday that Adriaan does not like tummy time (picture). My favorite part of the day is when he's with Daddy for storytime. I like to get ready before Josh has left for work. So I hand him off and they read stories together. Today I caught them sleeping through storytime (picture). Silly Daddy, he stayed up too late last night. I love motherhood already. Everything that I do for this sweet boy everyday is done with love. I'm so happy to be starting this new adventure in our lives...Oops gotta go! Baby just wet through his outfit and through my pants! :)
Welcome to motherhood Sarah! He is adorable. I am so happy everything went well. Enjoy the ride!
ReplyDelete