The Adventure Express
Welcome to The Adventure Express! Hop aboard . . . and don't expect to get off anytime soon.
My life has suddenly gone from taskless summer days to a world of never-ending adventures. I am so grateful for this new chapter in my life. Last Tuesday night, I accepted a 1st Grade teaching job! Amount of preparation until Meet The Teacher = 2 days. Amount of prepartion until school started = 5 days (including the weekend). Today was the first day of school, and I haven't even been working at the school for a full week. I am super excited to teach 1st Grade, and I am so fortunate and blessed to be involved in the lives of these young children during this short period of their lives.
The Adventure Express is taking me everywhere. Last Wednesday, Josh and I completed our 2nd Half Marathon. My goal was to finish the race, but I ran 16 minutes faster than last year! I run for the purpose of #1 staying healthy and #2 to make a goal...work towards a goal...and to accomplish that goal. Nothing matches that feeling that I get when I pass the finish line. I've come to realize that I CAN accomplish things if I really WANT it and put in the TIME to WORK for it. Just wanting something isn't good enough. You have to set a goal, write it down, tell others about it and have them check up on you, and then FOLLOW THROUGH!
I'm telling you, the Adventure Express isn't going to stop anytime soon. Two days ago, Josh and I ran a 10k. It's called Hurt In The Dirt. Catchy title, right? It's actually the title for a reason! Weird, right? I guess I didn't realize that when Josh signed us up. But I figured "Can't be too bad, it's only half of what we ran last week". If I could take those thoughts back...I would in a heartbeat. That run was THE hardest run in my life! There were over 20 logs that we had to jump or climb over and sometimes even crawl under, a set of 50 stairs straight up a hill, and 2 crossings over the creek which turned into mud on the bank. Times that course by 4 laps, and that's the race...oh did I mention it was at 9pm in the dark? Talk about crazy...I told Josh while we were running that I would rather be running a half marathon instead. As hard as it was, we finished!
Time has a way of working things out...so be grateful for the minutes that are going on right now, and don't let them pass away without taking ownership of what you do with your time.
My life has suddenly gone from taskless summer days to a world of never-ending adventures. I am so grateful for this new chapter in my life. Last Tuesday night, I accepted a 1st Grade teaching job! Amount of preparation until Meet The Teacher = 2 days. Amount of prepartion until school started = 5 days (including the weekend). Today was the first day of school, and I haven't even been working at the school for a full week. I am super excited to teach 1st Grade, and I am so fortunate and blessed to be involved in the lives of these young children during this short period of their lives.
The Adventure Express is taking me everywhere. Last Wednesday, Josh and I completed our 2nd Half Marathon. My goal was to finish the race, but I ran 16 minutes faster than last year! I run for the purpose of #1 staying healthy and #2 to make a goal...work towards a goal...and to accomplish that goal. Nothing matches that feeling that I get when I pass the finish line. I've come to realize that I CAN accomplish things if I really WANT it and put in the TIME to WORK for it. Just wanting something isn't good enough. You have to set a goal, write it down, tell others about it and have them check up on you, and then FOLLOW THROUGH!
I'm telling you, the Adventure Express isn't going to stop anytime soon. Two days ago, Josh and I ran a 10k. It's called Hurt In The Dirt. Catchy title, right? It's actually the title for a reason! Weird, right? I guess I didn't realize that when Josh signed us up. But I figured "Can't be too bad, it's only half of what we ran last week". If I could take those thoughts back...I would in a heartbeat. That run was THE hardest run in my life! There were over 20 logs that we had to jump or climb over and sometimes even crawl under, a set of 50 stairs straight up a hill, and 2 crossings over the creek which turned into mud on the bank. Times that course by 4 laps, and that's the race...oh did I mention it was at 9pm in the dark? Talk about crazy...I told Josh while we were running that I would rather be running a half marathon instead. As hard as it was, we finished!
Time has a way of working things out...so be grateful for the minutes that are going on right now, and don't let them pass away without taking ownership of what you do with your time.
Congratulations baby Girl! We are so....proud of you and happy to see you work through your new adventure! You will be a fabulous teacher!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that you get to work as a teacher. I hope that is isn't to stressful and you can enjoy the year. I can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome Sarah! Way to be healthy and strong! Good luck with your new teaching job, I bet the kids are adorable:)
ReplyDeleteIf I didn't know any better, I would say that you really like math with all the counting, numbering and equal signs that I came across in this post. Deep down I think you love it, but you're a little scared to let it out. I love you, Mrs. Sarah!
ReplyDelete