What Money Can't Buy...And A Few Guilty Pleasures

What Money Can't Buy
Did your mom ever tell you that money can't buy everything?  Well it's true!  My life is SOOO RICH.  My bank statement might disagree, but no one has enough money to purchase what really counts in life.  I have been blessed with a wonderful family.  I overlooked this blessing a lot throughout my youth.  I never realized what a tight, loving, caring family I have.  We look out for each other and we know each other's strengths and weaknesses so well, that sometimes it's kinda scary.  I married the most patient man you have ever met.  Guess what...money can't buy that!  Money can't buy success, happiness, and acceptance.  You have to work for those things continually throughout life.  Count your blessings one by one...and treasure up what really counts in life.

A Few Guilty Pleasures
I'm not sayin' that it's not fun to have some spending money...but it's just nice to put things into perspective.  Call me crazy, but my guilty pleasure is shopping at the DI.  I know, call me crazy.  The best thing about the DI is that it's like a hidden treasure.  Most people simply don't go there.  Some show up occasionally to pick up an appliance part or to get a hideous outfit for a costume party.  Others, like my husband and I, search for those hidden second-hand treasures.  We buy kids books and movies all the time, and sometimes we go just for the fun of looking.  Even my wedding dress was from the DI for 45 bucks.  I am grateful for what money CAN buy, no doubt about it.  But I am even more grateful for the time that I get to spend with those I love... because money simply CANNOT buy back time.

Wedding Dress: $45
His Braces: Who knows?
Happiness/Love/Smiles: Priceless

Comments

  1. Cute blog! I love DI shopping too. We've found all sorts of awesome stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Sarah! It's been a long time. Well, since high school. But, I found your blog through mutual friends and I love it! You are beautiful! Glad to see you are happy and loving life! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The braces were free, but probably not priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a note

Popular posts from this blog

I Need Somebody to Listen

Growing Up

Highlights & Lowlights